Medical Laboratory Technician Course of Study
- ENG 101 Composition, 3 credits
- MAT 137 Intermediate Algebra, 3 credits
- MED 125 Medical Terminology, 3 credits
- HLT 141 Techniques of Phlebotomy, 4 credits
- BIO 115 Human Biology, 4 credits
- CHE 111 Concepts of Chemistry, 4 credits
- MLT 101 Intro to the Clinical Laboratory/Principles of Lab Analysis, 3 credits
(Please note: This course is a prerequisite for all clinical classes 200-212)
- MLT 102 Urinalysis and Body Fluids, 2 credits
- MLT 200 Clinical Hematology and Coagulation, 4 credits
- MLT 202 Clinical Chemistry, 4 credits (Prerequisite: CHE 111)
- BIO 235 Microbiology, 4 credits
- Social science elective, 3 credits
- HLT 170 Law & Ethics for Health Care Professionals, 3 credits
- MLT 204 Clinical Serology and Immunohematology, 4 credits
- MLT 206 Clinical Microbiology, 4 credits (Prerequisite: BIO 235)
- Humanities elective, 3 credits
- MLT 212 Clinical Internship II, 4 credits
- MLT 210 Clinical Internship I, 4 credits
Additional Program Information
- Please note, this is a suggested plan of study for a full-time student. Part-time students may have their schedule adjusted accordingly. Students may need additional courses in remedial math and/or English.
- Students must meet with their academic advisor prior to registering for any core MLT courses.
- Students must earn a B- or better in all MLT courses prior to be eligible for the Clinical Internships. Students are required to show proof of physical examination; MMR, varicella and Hepatitis B immunity; Tetanus shot within past 5 years; and a negative TB test prior to being accepted for any internship courses. Internship sites may require students to undergo a criminal background check.