Inclement Weather Policy
QVCC does not have the same operating schedule as local school systems. If you have children in local schools systems (K-12), it would be advised to make arrangements for child care.
- Delayed Start: When the college starts late, for example 10.30 am, this means classes that meet starting at 10.30 am AND classes that meet earlier but run later than 10.30 am, such as a 9-noon class, should also be in session. You should check your Blackboard or email your instructor if you need additional clarification.
- Campus Safety: Due to snow removal, tall snow banks are flanking the parking lots and roadways on campus. Please slow down during the winter months to avoid accidents.
Text Message Alert System
Log into your myCommnet account and sign up for myCommnet ALERT to receive a text message alert.
- Website -QVCC homepage
- Weatherline – QVCC telephone system’s Weather Hotline ~ 860.932.4901
- TV – CT NBC Channel 30 & Channel 3 WFSB
- Radio – AM: WINY 1350, WILI 1400, WICH 1310, WTIC 1080; FM: WZMX 93.7, WILI 98.3, WTIC 96.5, WNLC 98.7, WCTY 97.7, WRCH 100.5, and WKNL 100.9