Get Involved with SGA!
College is More than Going to Class…Get Involved!
Welcome to the Fall 2018 Semester!
Hi, I’m Roxy Huckaby, SGA President for this academic year! I look forward to seeing you on campus!
What Student Activities is all about
Here in Student Activities we encourage you to become an active member of the QVCC community. Increase your career and educational opportunities by participating in campus activities and organizations, make friends and establish useful networks while learning about your strengths and improving your leadership skills.
Get the most of your college experience by becoming an active member of the on-campus community.
How Can I Get Involved?
Student Government Association
Become part of the SGA!
The Student Government Association is comprised of QVCC students who are committed to promoting and securing the well being and rights of all QVCC students.
FALL 2018 Meetings: Mondays, 12 p.m., W200 (Reading Room)
Student Clubs & Activities
- 2018-2019 Student Clubs
- Lunchtime Jams
- 24-hour Comics Day – Every October
- Join the QVCC Soccer Team. The next session begins November 2. Submit your Winter Session Soccer Registration Form to the Student Success Center.
Have an idea for a club? Contact us!
Student Activities Office
C129, Student Success Center Danielson
The Student Ambassador Program is a leadership opportunity for students who are dedicated to serving and representing QVCC. Student Ambassadors provide campus tours, represent the college at various QVCC campus and community events and advocate for students through the Foundation and Alumni Association.
QVCC has four honor societies:
- Phi Theta Kappa (Beta Beta Pi Chapter) – Phi Theta Kappa is recognized as the official honor society for community colleges by the American Association of Community Colleges.
- Alpha Beta Gamma (Alpha Omicron Chapter) – Alpha Beta Gamma is an international business honor society established in 1970
- Epsilon Pi Tau (Gamma Phi Chapter) – academic and professional honor society that encourages academic excellence of students in fields devoted to the general study of technology and the preparation of practitioners for the technology professions
- Tau Upsilon Alpha – Human services honor society
Annually eligible students are asked by invitation to join.
Reasons to Get Involved
What’s In It for Me?
- Get Better Grades and Graduate Sooner. Research suggests students who are involved in student organizations and campus activities have a higher G.P.A., graduate sooner and have a better college experience. Enough said!
- Build Your Resume. A good G.P.A. is important but can only get you so far, especially when others applying for the same job have a similar or better G.P.A. Student organizations allow you to enhance your experience in those fields. Joining a club or starting one of your own shows leadership, initiative and responsibility.
- Get Connected. Becoming part of Student Government, participating in campus events and joining a club helps you to meet new peers, but also connect to faculty and staff. Connecting and forming new relationships will help you grow as a person.
- Have Some Fun!