Study abroad is an increasingly important part of the college experience.
Exploring new cultures can be life-changing, and many students point to their time abroad as the defining aspect of their education. EF College Study Tours and Explorica faculty-led international education programs offer a great alternative to the traditional study abroad experience. Competitively priced, all-inclusive and completely customizable, these tours give you the flexibility to take your coursework around the globe in just one to four weeks.
Europe 2019 – Budapest, Vienna, Prague, and Munich
March 8-17, 2019
John Lewis, Professor of Chemistry along with Ling-chuan Chu, Professor of Psychology, will be leading a trip to Europe in 2019. This nine day trip, which will take place over spring break, leaves from Boston on March 8, 2019. We will fly to Budapest, Hungary for our first two days and then move on to Austria to see Vienna, cross into the Czech Republic to see medieval Prague, and finally move on to Germany for a visit to Munich. Along the way we will see palaces, castles, tour four of Europe’s marquee cities, and much more.
- The trip website
- Cost is approximately $2,900 – air fare, hotels, two meals a day (breakfast and dinner), a 24 hour a day bilingual guide, and entry fees to all noted attractions are included. Payment plans can be arranged through the website. Friends and relatives are welcome to come with you.
- You will need to acquire your own passport.
- SIGN UP NOW
- Day 1 – Leave from Boston to start tour.
- Day 2 – Helló Budapest. Meet your tour director and check into hotel. Budapest city walk.
- Day 3 – Budapest landmarks – Budapest guided sightseeing tour to include Castle Hill, Royal Palace, Hungarian Parliament, Matthias Church, and the Fisherman’s Bastion.
- Day 4 – Budapest to Vienna. Travel to Vienna. Vienna city walk.
- Day 5 – Vienna landmarks. Vienna guided sightseeing tour to include Schönbrunn Palace visit, Parliament, Ringstraße, Hofburg, Opera House, St. Stephen’s Cathedral visit.
- Day 6 – Vienna to Prague. Travel to Prague via Český Krumlov, Český Krumlov city walk.
- Day 7 – Prague landmarks. Prague guided sightseeing tour to include Hradčany (Prague Castle), St. Vitus Cathedral visit, Prague city walk, Charles Bridge, Malá Strana, Old Town Square, and the Jewish Quarter.
- Day 8 – Prague to Munich. Travel to Munich via Dachau. Dachau Concentration Camp & Memorial visit.
- Day 9 – Munich landmarks. Munich guided sightseeing tour to include Residenz, Nymphenburg Palace, Alte Pinakothek, Deutsches Museum, BMW Headquarters visit, Olympic site of 1972, Frauenkirche, Neues Rathaus, Marienplatz, and the Hofbräuhaus. A visit to Neuschwanstein Castle (pictured above) is included. Enjoy a Bavarian bratwurst dinner.
- Day 10 – End tour. Leave from Munich to return to Boston