We cannot wait to welcome you to Tackle the Trail this Saturday! Our #1 goal is to put on a fun, safe race for all runners, fans and volunteers. Please help us by following these race day instructions:
1. Registration/Bib Pick-Up: 7:30am-8:45am at the Pomfret Trail Head (Route 169). Click here for Directions. Race begins at 9am. If running as a team, only the 1st leg runner needs to register. Make sure you allow adequate time to get to relay stations.
2. This is a chipped time race: One bib per individual or team. We recommend teams share a running belt/vest to aid speed in transition area. Know your teammates and bib number.
3. Bag Drop/Pick-Up: Available at registration. One checked bag per individual or team. Pick-up at the Elks. Runners must present bibs to retrieve bag.
4. Weather: Dress accordingly. Plan on cold, wet conditions; hope for sunny and brisk!
5. Live Results: Track progress at TLMRacing.com
6. For safety reasons, no strollers and/or pets allowed.
7. Time Limit: 4 hours.
8. Volunteers: Amazing! Visible in bright vests and armbands. Follow their instructions.
9. Relay Stations:
· Cordoned off “transition area” for runners only/bib hand off.
· Fans welcome! We recommend going “up the trail” to cheer on incoming runners, “down the trail” to see runners head out.
· Enjoy Gatorade, water, bananas and various bars.
· Water also available at Kenyon, Potter, South Brook and Tuckie Roads.
10. Facilities: Port a potties at start of race only or bathrooms at the Elks.
11. Parking: We recommend that teams park at the Willimantic Elks and drive to the start together to help lessen road congestion and to have even more fun!
12. Post-Race Party at the Willimantic Elks (198 Pleasant Street, Willimantic, CT): Included in your entry fee. Enjoy free food, fun and adult beverages. In addition…
· SWAG distributed
· T-Shirts available for purchase $20 each.
· Photos taken
· Free Massages offered
· Guests welcome. $20 for adults, $10 for children under 12.
See you at Tackle!